Thursday, January 6, 2011

The importance of a good query

It is not always easy to use more then one query in Crystal Reports.
Not always you have a common ground which will make the report creation easy.
I can give you one good advise on this - always do your best to get all the data you need in one SQL query.
Use UNION if you need to bring different data.
I`v spent total of 5 hours trying to understand why the grouping is not being done and I only see the last result.
I`v search for formulas, suppress, anything I could imagine.
Finally I asked myself "Maybe the SQL query needs to be in one query instead of two?".
So I combined them using UNION as you can read in my previous post and it now works well?

So if the report does`n work, maybe the problem is not in the report.

Shahar

No comments:

Post a Comment