Thursday, January 27, 2011

Previous and PreviousIsNull

Today I`v finished a long running development project and started testing the hidden corners, those little request of info that will bring the user bad info if any.
I`v entered an SQL where clause that I know will bring me two rows back with one ID only (same ID for both rows). From some reason I really don`t know why, the previous command suppressed both row and not only one of them. My basic logic is that only one will appear.
I guess I`m wrong :(

I`ve digged in the formulas and found the command PreviousIsNull and after several tests I got the the correct requested formula that will bring me the rows.
Here is the formula for your ref:
(NOT PreviousIsNull({TableFieldName}) AND {TableFieldName} = Previous({TableFieldName}))

With this formula I tell crystal report engine to suppress if both the previous record exists and is the same as the current one.

Hope this helped someone with this weird issue.

Shahar

No comments:

Post a Comment